Green Classroom Professional
The Center for Green Schools, at the U.S. Green Building Council proudly introduces the Green Classroom Professional Certificate program. The program encourages sustainable practices in classrooms to further the missions of green schools for everyone within this generation.
Green classroom professionals advocate for more healthier, more environmentally responsible places in which to work and teach. With the Green Classroom Professional certificate, the classroom will turn into a living laboratory, creating foundational awareness of greener lifestyles, energy savings, and environmental health in students and educators.
The program is designed to provide pre-K–12, teachers, paraprofessionals, administrators, and other pre-K–12 stakeholders with the knowledge and skills to:
- Identify features that support or impede environmentally healthy, resource efficient, and sustainable learning spaces, and
- Recognize, adopt, and implement practices that promote health among students and school occupants.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must Agree to GBCI’s Disciplinary and Exam Appeals Policy
- Support the health among school occupants
- Provide the best environment for student academic performance
- Decrease absenteeism due to environmental factors
- Support environmentally responsible practices by learning how to
- Save energy
- Save water
- Improve indoor environmental quality
- Apply for elective continuing education credits to maintain your teacher certification
- Foster an attitude among youth and future generations to appreciate and model sustainable practices
- Help create an awareness of the importance of greening a classroom
- Be part of a green building community
Sign Up To Get Started
Step 1 Create a New Account
Provide a valid email address and create a password.
Step 2 Complete Your Profile
Provide demographic and organizational information.
Step 3 Secure Payment
Provide a major credit card and debit information. The course and assessment costs $60.
- Course and assessment costs $175
- 90 days to complete the course and assessment
- Certificate is valid for 5 years
- 60 days to complete the course
- 12 modules on green classroom topics
- 2–3 hours to complete total course
- Each module requires about 10 to 15 minutes to complete
- 30 days to complete the assessment
- 30 questions based on course content
- 1 hour to complete